Catskill Mountain Group will be holding a review board on 30 November, 2019. This review board will take place at Signature Flight Support from 1230 to 1500. The following members MUST apply for this review board to the Squadron Commander at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22 November 2019 if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You have been nominated by the Squadron Commander for an “Of the Year Award”
- You are applying for a National Cadet Special Activity (NCSA)
- You are applying for a Staff Position listed below at the New York Wing Encampment:
- Squadron Commander
- Squadron First Sergeant
- Officer in Charge (OIC)
- Cadet Command Staff (Cadet Commander, Cadet Deputy Commander, Cadet Executive Officer)
Those members who have been selected as the Squadron nominee for an “Of the Year” award have already been notified of their nomination and need to attend this review board.
- Information on this year’s National Cadet Special Activities is not yet available. Capt Torres shared a link which has some very general information about NCSAs (https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/activities). Information on the application process is available here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/activities/national-cadet-special-activities/national-cadet-activity-application-instructions . Please ask your more senior cadets or reach out directly to me for more information on the NCSA’s to which your cadets can apply. Even though the application process does not open until 01 DEC, they cadets must be reviewed prior to that date in order to be considered for “green lighting” in NYW. NCSA’s provide phenomenal experiences for our cadets; please strongly encourage your eligible cadets (generally those with encampment credit) to apply.
- The requirement for review boards for certain staff positions at NYW Encampment is new this year.
Finally, members attending this review board should contact me as soon as possible for the requirements and what they will need to bring with them. Due to the time crunch on this, Cadets are authorized to contact me directly at email@example.com with any questions about this process. Make sure when you contact me you “CC” your cadet staff and the Squadron Deputy Commander at firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Lt Michael Mazanec, CAP